All of the policies contained herein apply equally to members, temporary members, and guests.
All reference to the ‘Club’ refers to Body Effects – Imperial Beach, its staff, employees, sub contractors, agents, and representatives. ‘Facilities’ refer to the gymnasium, showers, changing rooms, and fitness spaces where applicable.
Members of the Club are bound, as a condition of membership, to comply with the rules set forth below. This is to ensure that the facilities are properly and safely used and that all members have full advantage of them without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
All memberships are Non-Transferable & Non-Refundable. All members must be at least the age of 16 to avail of the facilities and services provided at Body Effects – Imperial Beach. All minors must have written parental consent. All youth fitness participants must be at least the age of 12 and have written parental consent.
Gym & Fitness
Body Effects – Imperial Beach is a private fitness Club and the management reserve the right to refuse membership to any individual without cause. Medical references may be required on a case by case basis.
Membership may be renewed on payment of the prevailing fee and in accordance with the terms and conditions then in force.
By joining the Club, members automatically accept and agree to be bound by these conditions of membership.
The Club may withdraw use of all or part of the Club for the purpose of undertaking maintenance work or any other work considered necessary.
As a member you agree to comply with all rules of the Club including use of the facilities, hours of operation, and your conduct. The Club may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time and provide notice of these changes via these terms and conditions, which are available publicly on our website 24 hours a day, 7days a week.
You may, at your own discretion and expense, obtain personal insurance for loss, injury, or damage that you might sustain arising from the use of the Club. You exercise at your own risk and agree to accept any injury or illness brought on by exercise as your own responsibility (including death).
Members wishing to report any accidents, incidents, or problems with services at the Club should contact Lee directly at (619) 507-6292 or email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a breach of membership rules and regulations the Club reserves the right of admission and may reserve the right to require any member or guest to leave the premises. Any member found in breach of rules or committing an illegal act, including theft, will be asked to permanently leave the Club and be barred from ever entering the Club again.
Bank Card Direct Debit Payments
On selecting any Monthly Membership Subscription option, members will be required to pay the associated fee on the same date every month regardless of holidays or weekends. Members are required to agree to the normal terms and conditions of payment.
You acknowledge that this is a recurring monthly charge that will automatically billed every month. These fees will be debited from the member’s account, using their given bank debit/credit card, on the same date each month, for the minimum 1 month term from the term start date. Members can cancel their gym agreement and stop payments at any time, by simply by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Area online and pressing the “Cancel” button
Members are required to keep their account with funds to meet these recurring payments. In the event of the failure to pay the monthly membership fee, missed payments will be re-submitted for payment. We reserve the right to cancel membership if payment is not received. Access to the facility will be denied until said payment is received and if payment is not received, and cancellation occurs, then a reactivation fee of $50 becomes applicable.
These arrears of fees must be paid by Credit or Debit card or cash.
Failure to meet direct debit fee – In the event of the failure to pay the monthly direct debit fee you will firstly be notified that your membership has been temporarily stopped until the balance is paid.
We do not provide lockers of any kind. Members are encouraged to leave valuables at home or in your vehicle (limited off street parking available). We are not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of your personal items.
Hours of Operation
The Club reserves the right to vary the hours of operation as considered necessary for the proper administration of various fitness programs, events, and holidays.
We currently do not offer any “guest pass” of any kind. In order to attend one of our classes a person must pay the regular fee associated with it.
Safety & Hygiene
Throughout the course of your membership with the Club, regular health and medical screening should be sought from your General Practitioner.
Before using the fitness facilities, it is recommended that you go through a basic introductory session with one of the fitness staff, followed by further sessions (as necessary) to ensure that you understand the equipment and adopt a safe training regime that suits your needs. The booking of this is your responsibility.
It is necessary that all members and guests of the Club wear appropriate, clean attire and footwear when using the facility.
If you feel dizzy, faint, nauseous, unwell, or feel any unusual pain then you must stop exercising and inform a staff member immediately.
Members should train in the Club with a hand towel. In the interest of hygiene we wipe down each piece of equipment after use.
All members and attendees are advised to inform the instructor of any injuries, physical conditions, or other medical concerns prior to the beginning of the class.
Payment Terms & Conditions – Body Effects – Imperial Beach
All of the membership rules contained herein apply equally to members, temporary members, guests to our Club, and Website users and visitors alike.
Your Rights and Responsibilities Using Our Website
When you use this website, you agree to abide to civil, commercial, intellectual property, communications and libel laws which apply in the State of California, regardless of your location. Failure to do so may result in legal action in a State of California court and possible extradition for offences against the state.
Terms and Conditions for accessing this website
- By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms you should not access and/or use our website or communicate in any way with the server hosting this website, namely, but not limited to,www.beibfit.rocks and beibfit.rocks.
- Henceforth in this legal declaration, you, the website user, or associated parties will be known as either “You” or “the Client”. We, Body Effects – Imperial Beach will be known as “We”, “Us” or “Our Company”, our general or individual assets will be addressed by the prefix “Our”.
- You agree that we reserve the right to change these, or any, terms and conditions, content and/or declarations without prior notification, and changes made come into immediate effect upon being presented here. When such changes are made, you may revoke your agreement by engaging with our company online using this or any website, or continue to accept such changes.
- You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or otherwise use our websites content appearing on our website, or any other media, in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of such content requires permission of our company by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree only to use our website, and associated services for completely lawful purposes, in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by any third party. Prohibited behaviour includes but is not limited to defamation, damaging the security of our website, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, damaging content on our website, transmitting obscene or offensive content or anything which may affect the effective operation of our website.
- We reaffirm, hacking, damaging or otherwise compromising the security of this website is highly unlawful under federal and state law, and hence will be treated as criminal damage in any venue.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
- Our websites content, is provided on an “as is” and on an “voluntary access” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty whether express, implied or statutory of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, or accuracy.
- Our company will not be liable for any damages, including consequential damages, or any damages arising from the loss of use, interruption of trade, financial loss or damages, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of our website.
- We refuse to accept any responsibility for the failure and/or actions of third parties, and content and communication interception which may occasionally occur using our website or associated services.
Third Party Content
- Any third party content hosted or otherwise presented on our website is a copyright of its respective owners. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage in transmission of such content and in turn do not accept any liability for how content may be misused by our websites users.
- If you notice any third party, unauthorized content displayed on our website or otherwise communicated or transmitted by our company, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Sites/Links
- Our company is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material accessed through our website. We purposely do not monitor third party content available through third party websites and/or links as a disclaimer of liability for such content.
- Our company does not endorse, and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party sites. Third party sites linked through our website are not covered by our terms of service, and hence you must review their policies appropriately.
Disclaimer Of Liability For Legal Declarations
- If any provisions of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, outdated, less legally preferable in a legal action or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of the State of California, in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect. We refuse to accept liability for parties who do not make us openly aware of faults and later deny such observations in legal action.
Access our website at your own risk and liability without exception.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California.